Environmental Actions Program – Unfortunately due to COVID 19 and school closures, this program is currently suspended.
Encouraging Our Future Leaders
We are pleased to offer an exciting new program to schools across Alberta. Environmental Actions supports students who are demonstrating environmental leadership and making a difference.
We know environmental excellence and energy use reduction are of paramount importance to all Albertans. Our goal is to build environmental literacy through student-led programs in order to equip our future leaders with skills to tackle complex environmental challenges.
The Environmental Actions Program will grant up to $1000 for schools running student-led projects and programs that make a measurable impact on energy use reduction or the natural environment. This program is designed to help students initiate and run environmental projects. Some examples include:
- establishing and maintaining composting and recycling programs,
- growing community gardens,
- pursuing the installation of solar panels, and
- water and energy conservation initiatives.
Successful Environmental Actions initiatives are shared on our website and through our social media channels so that others can learn from these great examples. Our hope is to promote responsible decision-making and positive behaviour changes that benefit the environment and future generations.
How it works
- Initiatives must be student-led
- Projects must be environment or energy conservation focused and have a positive, measurable and sustainable impact in the school and/or community
- One grant per year is available to schools
- Travel costs or speaker honorariums cannot be funded
- Successful applicants must share their positive environmental story and collect measurable outcomes by answering a TEPF survey once a year.
NEW! Check out our Environmental Actions booklet to see the 2019 environmental projects and programs. 2019-EA-FINAL booklet
Thank you to our sponsors who support
Environmental Actions and its goals:
TEPF could not help as many students as it does without the continued support of our business partners. As a non-profit organization, TEPF prides itself on the strong relationships it develops with companies, organizations, and individuals, and serves as an essential link between their generosity and the students