Position Available: Fundraising Assistant
The Educational Partnership Foundation
Position: Summer Student Employment Program (must be a student returning to school fall 2017)
Fundraising Assistant, 30hrs/week for 12 weeks
Start Date: May 29, 2017
Finish date: August 20, 2017
Objective: To provide assistance to TEPF in identifying donor resources and potential investors, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability as well as applications for funding competitions.
- Compile and maintain a database of sponsors and local donor organizations
- Develop a sound value proposition for cultivation of sponsorship and donor dialgue
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify investor opportunities matching the values of the organization
- Assist in writing concept notes, project ideas and grant proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term funding
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual investors/donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, posters etc.
- Organize fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
Education and Qualifications:
- Experience in fund and resource development, including research and report writing
- Experience in working with target and deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in fundraising, business development, marketing, corporate and government communications, or public relations.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to Kevin Strybosch at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on May 15, 2017. TEPF sincerely thanks all applicants, and if you are not selected for an interview, we hope you will consider us for a future opportunity